Testing of nutritional supplements
Food supplements are defined as foodstuffs that are meant to supplement the normal diet and which are concentrated sources of nutrients or other substances with a nutritional or physiological effect, alone or in combination, marketed in dose form, namely forms such as capsules, pastilles, tablets, pills and other similar forms, sachets of powder, ampoules of liquids, drop dispensing bottles, and other similar forms of liquids and powders designed to be taken in measured small unit quantities, where nutrients could be vitamins, minerals, herbal extracts and other ingredients.
Food supplements require special laboratory supervision because of its specificity and the necessity to ensure product safety, trade quality and competitiveness. Analyses should be entrusted to highly competent accredited laboratories and performed in accordance with all commonly accepted standards and scientific procedures with the use of state-of-the-art testing and measuring equipment.
Our services related to dietary supplement quality testing include:
- Heavy metals testing
- PAH testing
- Pesticide residues
- Mycotoxins testing
- Analysis of dioxins, furans, dioxin-like PCBs, PCB indicator
- Additives (sweeteners, colours, preservatives, etc.)
- Allergen testing
- Vitamin testing
- Minerals testing
- Amino acids testing
- Composition of fatty acids, including the sum of saturated acids (SAFA), monounsaturated fats (MUFA), polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA), trans fatty acids, omega-3 and omega-6 acids
- Sterols testing, including cholesterol
- Nutrition facts label
- Sensory testing and consumer research
- Shelf-life and stability testing
- Other tests corresponding to customers’ enquiries and demands
You can trust our experts. Contact us any time to receive further detail.